WOO! Hey guys, welcome to the new week!
The Updates (and things we’re working on) Today!
- First of all, I want to touch on the Mun Kee issue. First things first, we will NOT be doing any live nerfing of any of Mun Kee’s stats. I know most of you hardcore players have noticed he’s a highly random Miscrit, meaning there’s a pretty wide range of stats a Mun Kee can hold. And even the weaker ones are still pretty darn good. This was intentional! So for those of you worried, he won’t be getting the Equestrion treatment.THAT SAID, we are making some changes to the battle arena system as a whole, which will impact somes of Mun Kee’s rather… prominent exploits. Check out Jason’s awesome topic on our Bugs board for the details! http://brokenbulbstudios.com/forum/s…ad-Official***
- The Cave of Mists, previously known as the Cave of Miscrits ( our bad! Yes, that’s right, it’s a name change! We’ll be updating the forums on that today). Anyway, that one’s full speed ahead. I know you guys have been getting a lot of “sneak peeks” of it… I hope you’re as excited about it as we are! It should be a pretty awesome new area to explore, not to mention the cool new Miscrits we’ll have in there.
- The forest will be getting some new changes! Meet “minibosses”: these will be NPC adventurers, similar to the ones you find in the Battle Arena, who will block your passage through the forest until you manage to defeat them in battle. (NOTE: The 1 item rule of PVP will not apply with these minibosses). Just a little fun way to gauge your progress and get in some extra 1v1 battling practice out in the wild!
- An update on the Magical Flower “Too Far Away” and maps issues: we’ve found a fix for the Magical Flower, this should be updating to our live game soon (within a day or two). The maps are being re-drawn in all their map-y beautiful splendor, and will be added to the game FOR SURE this week!
- On the subject of bugfixing, we’ll also be fixing an issue today that pops the friendbar to the front of your list every 20 seconds (when you’re looking at the 2nd or later pages). Sorry about that!
- It’s the start of the week! You know what THAT means!! Battle Arena prizes this week include the long awaited completion of the affectionately-nicknamed “Triad of Darkness.” ;D
- 3-in-a-row: 3 Training Points!
- 5-in-a-row: 3 Negate Element items!
- 8-in-a-row: 3 Swirling Inferno spells!
- 10-in-a-row: DARK FLOWERPILLER!
- The Gem Shop is updated, and includes a BRAND NEW Miscrit! Check out Jack, an exclusive seasonal Miscrit! And while you’re at it, congratulate our player Cora O Riordan, who came up with the idea and the awesome original concept art! http://brokenbulbstudios.com/forum/s…g-miscrit-idea
- Jack is also the Miscrit in the item chest now!
- One last, but super awesome announcement, we have a new Miscrits PROMO VIDEO! Check it out! Spread it around! (And yes, that is the Cave of Mists you see in there ;D) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpYDB8cnt8
Finally, my personal favorite of the starter Miscrits has a “dark side”. This might just be cause for changing my avatar picture….